Thursday 1 January 2015

Home Accents.


After moving into our new house over 2 months ago now we have finally managed to add a few extra homely touches to the rooms in the shape of accessories, pictures and mirror etc. We still haven't done any proper decorating as there is still a bit of work to do on the house but these recent little additions have really made a huge difference.




I absolutely love my living room, I love how serene and calming it is and in here we have finally bought a little side table which just matches the style and colour scheme perfectly! This is from Next and they also have it in a range of different colours.





Every Christmas we get a real tree and this year we picked the best one which just happened to be the perfect shape and size for our living room. Having the tree up made it feel even more homely and once we took it down today I have been looking for something to put in that corner to fill the space....I think a trip to Ikea might be needed!

















Another little added touch is this Ikea picture ledge we have added above the sofa which makes the world of difference to a white wall and makes your display completely interchangeable. We decided to display some little retro post cards from Paperchase which read the children's initials they are very simple but effective. Also on the shelf is a picture of the boys, my favourite picture of me and Greig and also 3 mini cacti from Ikea.


We were lucky enough to receive these lovely candle holders for Christmas and love there design and pattern. These have found their place on our side table and are lit every evening to make it extra cosy. 


In our kitchen/dining room we have a very large new clock above our kitchen table, it makes such a great feature and was such a bargain at only £30 from Ikea. We also have a pin board which usually hold bills needing paying or reminders of things we need to do or buy which comes in very handy. We are huge tea lovers in this house as you might be able to tell from our huge stash of different teas my favourites being from East Of India Tea and Tea Pigs. I also bought Greig these mugs for Christmas from Gifts & Pieces because I thought they summed him up pretty well.  


In our porch two things have found new homes, a little house box with drawers to keep nicknacks safe and tidy and also a wooden heart plaque reminding us that this is our 'Home Sweet Home'.



Lastly a few little glimpses of our beautiful bedroom, I am really happy with how it is looking finally it is minimal and again calming. I recently rearranged the top of my chest of drawers as it was looking very cluttered, removing my old chunky jewellery box and utilising pretty boxes and packaging that I couldn't bare to throw away. I also rested an old mirror on top even though we already have two large mirrors in the room you can never have to many right? For Christmas Greig bought me the most beautiful Aztec terrarium which is just stunning to look at. It is from The Urban Botanist and I cant wait to fill it with Succulents. 

My collection of Jo Malone goodies also expanded this Christmas....wasn't I a lucky girl! I have to say so far I have not come across a single fragrance I do not like they are so unusual, surprising and so sophisticated with amazing strength and staying power. My favourites being Blackberry & Bay and Pomegranate Noir not to mention Wood Sage & Seasalt may just end up being my wedding fragrance.   

I re-utilised these Wilkinsons Christmas lights which were displayed in my living room by wrapping them around my iron headboard to create a little mood lighting the room was in desperate need of. I love how delicate and minimalist these paper lights look you wouldn't believe they were only £10.  

Our bedroom has mirrors galore which gives it such a light an airy feel with the illusion of much more space then there actually is this extremely large mirror from ikea looks stunning now its finally hung on the wall but would look equally as nice just resting against it, if you didn't have children that is!

All we need now to complete this room is a rug and a lamp and I've had my eye on a few which may pop up in a wish list some time soon!

Thank you for reading.

LouLouLoves.

No comments:

Post a Comment