Thursday 20 November 2014

Sunday Family Funday.

I realise I haven't posted a Sunday Family Funday post in a while mainly because life has been so busy since we have moved that we haven't actually been out and about much. I also realise this isn't Sunday.....I did schedule this for Monday but for some reason wasn't successful! 

Sunday was mostly a dry day so we wanted to make the most of it and do something in our new local area and Eli voted for a trip to see Rochester castle. I am so glad this little town is now only just down the road as it has so much character and history with lots of independent shops and restaurants not to mention the historic castle and cathedral.      


We had a stroll down the high street and around the castle grounds Eli loved the castle. After we built up a bit of an appetite I had a real craving to check out Costa Coffee's new festive food and drink menu so we nabbed a table for a bite to eat. I opted for a gingerbread latte with cream which was delicious and even came with a mini gingerbread man on top! I also had a turkey, bacon, stuffing and cranberry toasted sandwich which was so scrummy and really got me feeling festive. The boys were so well behaved whilst eating their toasties it made me really proud and after we sampled a couple of their cakes including a gingerbread muffin and a salted caramel yule log.    




Such simple things really made me feel christmasy, I love spending time with my little family and am so proud of my two boys. I think this will quickly become a Sunday ritual as well as more exploring around our new hometown. 

Thank you for reading.

LouLou.  

No comments:

Post a Comment