Tuesday 21 October 2014

LouLouLoves Is Back - Snippets Of My New Abode Part 1.

Hello and apologies for the ridiculously long post title! As you know I have been moving home, and for those of you who have been there done that then you will know it is stressful as hell!! Not only was this your usual stressful move with two children, we ended up homeless for over a week after the sale of our flat had gone through but our new house wasn't quite finished! Long story short our in-laws put all of us up for a week and the dog went on a mini holiday to live with my parents.

So right now we are finally in our new house, we have been in for just over a week and we are already quite settled although there is still lots of work to be done. Anyway I am back to hopefully my usual blog updates of my usual one post a day I have missed it like crazy and will be kicking things off with a few snippets of my new house. Please bare in mind that parts of my house still are no were near finished but here is what the down stairs looks like so far:



I love everything about our down stairs space, Its beautifully light an airy and is a perfect mixture between modern scandi style with more of a traditional farm house feel in some areas. I love how introducing shades of green and grey really give this space a really serene atmosphere. Its lovely to have a large porch space where we keep all the families shoes in this shoe cabinet which can you believe I picked up with the matching mirror for only £20 for the two!? It always pays to keep your eye on local selling pages I have picked up many a bargain on there. 

You may be able to spot a couple of iconic well known Ikea staples in my living room, the biggest one being the huge Lappland TV stand/storage unit this is great as the boxes which fit in the cubes are perfect for disguising an abundance of kid toys so your living space doesn't have to look like a toy shop 24/7 and an easily transform back into an adult space once the children are asleep and the toys have been tidied away. The other Ikea buy were these monochrome cushions that every blogger seems to have....but now I understand why! Not only do they give a little something something to the sofa but they are the most squishy and comfortable cushion ever!

All my other cushions were great Asda purchases and i really love how the mixture of patterns and textures give a lovely homely feel. Oh and I cannot forget the lamp which has been one of my favourite purchases as it only cost me £7 second hand and adds a slightly retro/industrial look to the room.  





Our Karlstad Ikea sofa we already owned and I still love it as much as I did 3 years ago, especially as its neutral colour goes with absolutely everything and a few cushions is all thats needed to spruce it up. I also already owned this beautiful rocking chair which is my most prized possession and I am thrilled that I finally have the room to incorporate it into my living space. Our new house has the most beautiful real wood floors throughout the downstairs but to protect it from dropped toys and the dogs claws we bought several rugs. The triangle print rug comes from Achica....a website that is well worth keeping an eye on for stylish homeware bargains....and the other rug is from Ikea, they both again add texture and give a warm homely feel.    






Personal nick nacks again turn a house in a home and are vital for making the space your own especially when you have just moved into a new house. I have a ton of photographs of the children displayed ontop of our TV storage unit in beautiful white rocco frames from Wilkinsons, some motivational plaques and my collection of tea caddies on display. I also have this lovely house storage box from Next which is really great for storing keys, spare change and other vital things you do not want to lose, this heart shaped set of coaster is also from Next. 





The kitchen is definitely the heart of my home and is by far my favourite room in the house. My shabby chic dining table is stunning and again was a great second hand purchase but I will do another post on that at a later date as covering it right now is a PVC table cloth from next which is ideal as my children are the messiest eaters!! Recently we went to pick your own pumpkin at a local farm so on our table is our little autumnal display ready for carving and eating. My kitchen although not completely finished is beautiful and my Next ceramic tea pot kettle has been put to full use already! 

Thank you for reading and stay tuned for lots of new posts coming your way! 

LouLouLoves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment