Friday 29 August 2014

Face Of The Day.



I have been a bit of a foundation floozy recently, I have been been testing several new ones that I found I really like so my usual Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation has been a bit neglected. Today I felt the need to use it as it has been a while and wanted to be able to compare the finish to that of Nars Sheer Glow and Maybellines Better Skin foundations. First thing I noticed was that I must have got a little sun over the summer as the 'Light porcelain' shade is now a little too pale but I kinda liked the snow white kind of look it gave. The formula is a lot thicker then others I had been using which gave a bit more coverage but too longer to blend but left a very flawless finish....now I remember why I liked it so much!

Being that my base was pretty pale I thought that a rosy coloured blush would compliment I nicely and my Bourjois cream blush in 'Rose Tender' fit the bill nicely. I love these cream blushes they are so fool proof, the cream to powder formulation looks subtle but is easy to build up some colour and I like to apply it with the Real Techniques contour brush.

For my eyes I went for something subtle using this Clinique eyeshadow quad in 'Pink Chocolate' a wash of the palest matte pink all over the lids with just a little of the shimmery darker pink blended into the crease for some definition. A couple of slicks of one of my favourite mascaras Soap & Glory Thick & Fast, I decided to boycott the eyeliner and keep my brows natural giving a very minimal day time look.

Lastly as I went for a pale base with rosy cheeks subtly pink eyes I though that the best lipstick that would compliment this look was my Clinique Long Lasting lipstick in 'Matte Beauty'. A lovely matte dusky pink with great staying power and very comfortable to wear.

So thats my face of the day, I really love this combination of products I must remember to wear these more often especially in the winter I think they would look really pretty.

Thank you for reading.

LouLou.      

No comments:

Post a Comment