Tuesday 26 August 2014

A Mini Review Series.



























I have been lucky enough to get my hands on several mini products that I have been testing out recently, I always have my eye out for when brands give out free samples as its a great way of testing out a range of different products without any commitment. So here's what I have been trying.

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil - This I received in Latest In Beauty Glamour Edit box and have only just got round to give it a try. Compared to my usual The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Oil this feels a lot heavier and more nourishing I feel I can really work it into the skin although I don't think it removes mascara as well so I wouldn't rush out and purchase it.

NARS Sheer Glow - The holy grail of foundations and a blogger favourite! Not having a NARS counter locally meant that I haven't been able to try it until now! My local John Lewis has just opened a brand new NARS counter and when I visited the customer service was fantastic. I was matched to the shade 'Mont Blanc' but she didn't have any testers in that shade so here I have the shade 'Deauville' which is a little too yellow toned but gave me a chance to test it out. I was not expecting such a great free tester I think it is very generous of them, it comes in a little glass vial which has a little paddle applicator in the lid which helps prevent waste. I use quite a small amount and have been wearing this foundation for 2 weeks and I've hardly made a dent in this little bottle so it will last you quite some time. This is a medium coverage foundation which is not dewy but not completely matte either, it gives a great natural flawless finish with a ton of natural glow without being shiny. I cannot describe how brightening this foundation is, I will definitely be purchasing a bottle in my correct shade soon!

MAC Prep & Prime - I never thought to try a primer from MAC but when I saw they were giving away samples I couldn't wait to try it. Its nothing like my current Porefessional by Benefit as its no where near as silicone like I can actually very much liken the texture of it to Benefits That Gal primer but without the brightening properties. I have been wearing it all week underneath the NARS Sheer glow foundation and I think it makes a lovely base to apply your foundation and would possibly consider purchasing it in the future.  

Benefit Instant Come Back Facial Serum - Now I was a little disappointed with this one, Benefit recently revamped their skincare range and as a result received a sample to try. From a serum I have come to expect to see results almost instantly, other serums I have used leave my skin feel incredibly smooth but this left my skin feeling sticky and not very moisturised or nourished. Its a shame because this product smells fantastic but for the very high price tag I have tried much better serums from Clinique for a similar price, It didn't float my boat I'm afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment