Sunday 10 August 2014

A Date With London, Bills Burgers & The Theatre.


For my birthday Greig had bought me tickets to go see Wicked at the theatre, we decided to make the most of the trip to London by grabbing some lunch and doing a little shopping whilst we were there....a bit of a date day so to speak. We couldn't have picked a better day it was dry, cool but a sunny day sandwiched in-between to days of torrential rain which made walking around London very comfortable. I decided to take my new Primark denim dress for a spin and it turned out to be the best outfit choice that kept me the perfect temperature and was super comfortable especially with my converse thrown on as well. 


When we got into London we headed straight for covent garden as a short walk away to St Martins Courtyard is a lovely little secluded spot with several restaurants in particular the one we were searching for which was Bills. Bills is a small chain of restaurants that I have been wanting to try for so long after seeing many a blogger rave about their delicious burgers and other tempting dishes. 



Inside the restaurant is quirky and cosy and the menu has everything you could want from breakfast to dinner. Everything sounded so yummy I had trouble choosing I will definitely have to go back another time to test out their breakfast menu especially their pancakes! They even had a large range of their own jams, drinks, and confectionary for sale which decorated the walls from floor to ceiling. 


I decided to try one of their green super smoothies to drink which was so refreshing and really tasted of banana and for starters we shared some spiced tortillas with dips and a bowl of olives. The portion sized were extremely generous and really great value for money, the tortillas on their own would have been quite a hefty starters for just one person. The starters was one of the nicest things I have eaten in a long time, the guacamole salsa and tzatziki dips tasted extremely fresh and the tortilla chips themselves were like nothing I have ever tried before...and look at the size of those juicy olives!!


For mains we both opted for the Bill's burger with bacon which comes with skinny fries and OMG just look at it!! I couldn't even get it in my mouth thats probably why they have to serve it with a knife! I like how they asked how we liked our burgers cooked choosing to have them medium as nobody likes a dry over cooked burger....and these were definitely not! They were full of flavour and extremely juicy one of the nicest burgers I have eaten and so so filling. Annoyingly I was so full up I couldn't even contemplate trying one of their yummy sounding deserts but I cant complain the service was fast and friendly despite being very busy and food was amazing for the money. 

After lunch we lazily wandered around covent garden with our full bellies admiring all the lovely stalls and shops and when I spotted Shake Shack I had to try out one of their famous milkshakes choosing peanut butter flavour which was so thick and creamy it tasted almost like sucking peanut butter ice cream through a straw.



Then it was almost time for our matinee performance of Wicked to we made our way over to London Victoria with the theatre being right outside the station which was very handy. The show was great and I am forever going to have the 'defying gravity' song stuck in my head! On the way home I tried to recall how many shows I have seen over the years and counted that this was my 15th, we are so lucky to live so close to London with great transport links meaning these is always endless things to see and do with only a 20 minute journey. 

Once you have children you always think I hope I made the most of my carefree years and looking back through piles and piles of photo albums full to the brim of tickets and photos from shows, gigs, trips and holidays.....its safe to say I haven't missed out and their is plenty more fun to be had!

Thank you for reading.     

LouLou.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment