Tuesday 10 June 2014

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet - Possibly The Only Red Lip You Will Ever Need?!


Are you a fan of a statement red lip in a matt formulation? Well then this is for you and I doubt you will wear another red ever again! This is the Rouge Edition Velvet by Bourjois in the shade 'Hot Pepper', a liquid lipstick with high pigmentation and fantastic wear time, in fact you may have a job to get it off! 

Lets start with how sleek it looks? The packaging is sophisticated and looks high end and may fool you into thinking it is a normal lipstick until you screw off the lid and out pops an applicator. The doe foot applicator makes easy work of applying the product I think it allows for a much more precise application then a regular lipstick.

The product glides on easily and to begin with feels a little sticky but dries within a seconds leaving a velvety matt lip. Unlike other liquid lipsticks it is easily layered without flaking or caking to create a very striking look not that you need to layer because the colour pay off is absolutely fantastic! The shade 'Hot Pepper' is a vibrant orange toned red which should suit most skin tones, this colour makes such a statement but the hot pink shade named 'Pink Pong' looks just as amazing. 

Unlike many matt lipstick formulations this does not feel at all drying on the lips and is actually really comfortable to wear and it is a true matt as well absolutely no shine or shimmer at all. If the colour and formulation wasn't enough to win you over....let me tell you about wear time! 

When I say this lasts all day it is no joke, it blows every other matt lip out of the water. Once applied this colour lasts all day long without even fading the slightest. Through drinking and eating.....I mean I even ate doughnuts with this on! Doughnuts! This colour withstood me licking doughnut sugar off my lips and it wasn't even fazed. Absolutely no topping up is needed and you don't get that horrible wear where half of it has rubbed off and you look like your wearing lip liner only. 

You may even find it quite hard to remove I'd recommend a good oil based make up remover to get the bugger off but hell I am not complaining! What more could you want from a lip product? and at a bargain price of £8.99 for those results you'd expect this product to have a high end price tag you have to applaud Bourjois for this fabulous affordable highstreet product.    
  

The photo below is to show you how much product was left on my lips at the end of the day, compared to first applying it shown in the picture above as as you can see there is hardly any difference and that was exactly 8 hours of wear! 

At the end of the day I used my usual Micellar Cleansing Water to remove the lipstick but it wasn't quite up to the job. The lipstick was still visible in the cracks of my lips as you can see in the photo below, I do not own any oil based make up remover so I used my Clinique Take The Day Off cleansing balm just rubbed over my lips then removed with a cotton pad.


As you can see the majority of the lipstick was removed by the cleansing water but there were still quite a bit of product removed by the cleansing balm on the second cotton pad so I would definitely recommend a quite robust make up remover! 

Overall I am thoroughly impressed and I cant wait to add more to my collection! Hope this review was useful thank you for reading! 

LouLou.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I suited red lips! The colour really suits you!

    ReplyDelete