Thursday 22 May 2014

New Additions To My Evening Skincare.

























Im not very loyal when it comes to my skincare it is very rare that any products have a permanent position in my routine for any longer then a year.....this is mainly because I love trying different products and finding what works best for me and for my budget.

This is why I enjoyed having a Birch Box subscription getting to try a variety of products and brands that I may not come across or may not purchase due to price. Recently I received 2 lots of generously sized skincare samples that I have really enjoyed using so I thought Id share with you guys how I have introduced them into my skincare routine and what I think of them so far.

The first I received in the latest Birch Box and thats the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser, a generous 30ml tube that comes with a handy Liz Earle muslin cloth. I must be one of the very few who had yet to try this Iconic product....so iconic that its just won its 100th award in the beauty industry! Needless to say I was super excited to try it and have been using it continuously for the past 10 days usually after I have taken the majority of my make up off with my Garnier Micellar Water. I spread the thick cream cleanser all over my face, even over my eyes which does not irritate at all. The smell is beautifully herby and I love the thick texture which almost looks like a moisturiser rather then a cleanser. I then run the muslin cloth under hot water and ring out before starting to wipe away the cleanser from my skin. Another reason this product is so great is the fact that removing it with the muslin cloth gently exfoliates the skin meaning this is a 2 in 1 product which saves time and money by removing the need for an extra exfoliant in your routine.

The second skincare addition I have been testing out is the 3 Step Anti Blemish System by Clinique which I was lucky enough to have sent to me. The skincare trio includes a cleansing bar, clarifying toner and clearing treatment but so far I have only been using the toner and treatment. I'm very reluctant to try the 'cleansing bar'....basically soap, as they are usually very drying and I generally stick to cream or balm cleansers. But this is Clinique we are talking about and I have never had a single problem with any of their skincare products so maybe I should just suck it up and give it a go. What I can tell you is that the clarifying toner is amazing, again a 2 in 1 product combining the exfoliation and toning processes that is so refreshing on the skin. My routine had been lacking a toner for quite some time and I've had difficulty in choosing one to try but after using this for the past 10 days It is definitely something I am going to repurchase! The other part of this trio I have been loving is the clearing treatment, so far I have been using it as an over night cream which I apply just before I go to bed. I has a lovely silky texture that sinks into the skin really well it feels very hydrating and leaves your skin very soft. I've had a few blemishes recently due to me being lazy with my skincare and the occasional night of falling asleep in my make up (dont shoot me!) so this is just what I needed. Within a few uses the blemishes I had started demonising even troublesome buggers that had been lingering for a while....so its safe to say I am impressed!

I would really like to try the cleansing gel that also comes in the Clinique Anti Blemish Solutions skincare range as I have heard wonderful things about this also and would be more inclined to use it compared to the cleansing bar. What do you think of this new range by Clinique? I'm very much looking forward to the next bonus time so I can splurge on some goodies!
       
LouLou.

No comments:

Post a Comment