Wednesday 23 April 2014

Things That Didn't Float My Boat!



























I hate buying a product that you end up hating or not using at all, I hate wasting money and tend to read a ton of reviews before committing to buying something although sometimes a few products do slip through the net especially spontaneous purchases!

So here a few products that didn't quite float my boat....

Rimmel 60 Seconds Nail Varnish in 'Lets Get Nude' from the Rita Ora collection. I wanted a good nude nail varnish and this looked perfect....boy was I wrong. It took 3 coats to become completely opaque and each coat became increasing difficult to apply and definitely did not take 60 seconds to dry I managed to smudge it even 30 minutes later! I thought it would look nice and sophisticated but it looked really messy and tacky and after spending so long trying to get it right I got so mad I just took it all off again.

Party Proof Matt Lipstick by Model Co in 'Get Naked'. Luckily this came in a birch box and I didn't actually buy it because I was not at all impressed with this lipstick. For one I would definitely wouldn't call it matt, it was sheer and balmy but when applied it was stupidly patchy and clung to fry patches or creases in the lips. It also looked like I just covered my lips in concealer....not a good look at all.  

Clinique Eyeshadow Chubby Stick in 'Lots of Latte'. I really haven't got much use out of this I'm not sure whether its the colour or the eyeshadow stick formulation but I like a soft eyeshadow look and I find this colour quite harsh, hard to blend and looks a bit like I've got a black eye.....again never a good look.

Have you guys got an opinion on any of these products? Thanks for reading.

Loulou.

No comments:

Post a Comment