Wednesday 16 April 2014

TheBalm Cosmetics Hot Mama Shadow/Blush Review!

I mentioned in a previous post that I wanted to explore more products from TheBalm Cosmetics brand after being so impressed with a sample I received in my Birchbox. I had some Birchbox points to spend so in the end I chose a multipurpose blusher product called 'Hot Mama!' and after receiving it today I thought I'd tell you my first impressions....and yes I'm in LOVE!!  


Ok so I have to emphasise again how great TheBalm Cosmetics packaging is, it is beautifully designed with a cute retro American feel featuring images of pinup girls. The casing is made of sturdy cardboard with a magnetic closing front, this makes a great shock absorber for then it is being carried around in a bag protecting the product from crumbling or coming open when on the move. It also comes with a handy built in mirror for on the go application.

As you can see from this swatch the blusher is a lovely peach toned pink with a gold shimmer running through it. Although it is described as an eyeshadow/blusher I would say it was more of a blusher come highlighter. It gives the cheeks a subtle peachy glowing look which would suit most light-medium skin tones but the gold shimmer acts as a built in highlighter which accentuates the tops of the cheek bones.

This is the perfect summer product not to mention time saver and it has been likened by many bloggers to the effect you get from using the cult Nars blusher in 'Orgasm' even if they colours are not quite a match. 


The next product I'd like to try from this brand is the Mary-Lou Manizer not that I need another highlighter. Which products would you recommend? 

Thank you for reading.

Loulou.  






No comments:

Post a Comment