Friday 18 April 2014

The Weekend In Outfits....& Haul.

I have such a busy weekend ahead of me with many different activities and occasions I have had to find outfits for....some slightly more stressful then others. I have a little clothing haul for you in the shape of different outfits I have put together ready for the weekend and a few extra that I think suit certain occasions.

Date Night.
























I recently nabbed this absolute bargain in the Oasis sale this beautiful faux leather pencil skirt which was reduced from £40 to only £15! I had been looking for a leather skirt for a long time something that had a sophisticated look to it that was easy to wear without looking cheap and tacky....and this one ticked all the boxes. Due to the fact it is high waisted I like to team it with a crop top showing just a line of flesh actually makes the whole outfit very flattering. This stripped crop top was only around £5 from H&M but it would look equally nice with something brightly coloured or with a bold pattern. I never thought I'd have the confidence to pull off an outfit like this but it truly looks stunning on. I like to throw on my black wedge shoe boots, a statement necklace and take an oversized clutch this look is perfect for date night a little sexy but very sophisticated.

Dressed To Party.



























So this is the outfit I am going to be wearing out Saturday night when the Mr and I are off to a Sikh wedding pre party at a local hall. I don't really know what this kind of party is going to be like I've been told that free booze is going to be flowing with tons of food and live bangra music...bit like a wedding reception just before the wedding instead of after. Because I've never been to a party like this.....hell I haven't been to any party in years! I struggled so much finding something appropriate to wear. I was looking for something suitable for a party without being too short or revealing but nothing too casual. In the end I chose this midi body con dress from Miss Selfridge, I love the monochrome print and its figure hugging shape with scoop back is really flattering.

The necklace I've paired with most of these outfits is this statement gold necklace from New Look for only £5.99 it literally goes with everything and jazzes up the plainest of dresses and tops. The studded clutch bag I bought from TK Max many moons ago and again I'd most probably wear the only pair of heals that my feed can take these days....my trusty wedge shoe boots!

Sometimes I like wearing a nice bright nail varnish with a monochrome outfit like this and at the moment I'm really liking Tanya Burr's nail polish in the shade Little duck which is a lovely bright teal colour.

Garden Party. 

























Another new dress I picked up this week was this sleeveless floaty vibrant coral dress from New Look, I've been keeping my eye out for a bright summery dress in a bold colour and this one is just perfect. The cross over neckline plunges down into a deep V showing a little skin but the length is quite modest and come up just above the knee. It come with a little skinny black belt which accentuates the waist and the colour looks lovely against my fair skin tone and blonde hair. This dress would suit any summer garden party or BBQ you would most definitely stand out in this dress!

Wedding Guest. 


























On Easter Monday I am attending a wedding at the Sikh temple. Our local Sikh temple is magnificant, newly build it gives the Taj Mahal a run for its money and I've always been so curious and wanted to see inside and now I can! Dressing for a Sikh wedding is obviously slightly different to your average wedding, I wanted to be respectful and not show too much flesh and when in the temple you must cover your hair at all times. I knew I wanted a maxi length dress something with a little embellishment so to look the part and blend in a little better. This dress is my favourite of the bunch it is by Quiz at Debenhams and is floor length and a beautiful deep blue colour. It has a high neckline and the whole bodice is embellished in silver sequins and jewels that really stand out against the blue dress. I already had this pretty paisley scarf which I bought in Paris a few years ago, this I will use to cover my hair and shoulders and on my nails will be Essie 'Stroke of Brilliance' which is a sparkly blue topcoat. I am very much looking forward to wearing this outfit on Monday...I promise I'll take lots of pictures!

Easter Lunch.

























Theres nothing better then wearing a floral tea dress for a family lunch on Easter Sunday! We are off to the in-laws for Easter Sunday and I am planning on wearing my favourite dress which is a nude colour with black floral pattern from Primark. It has 3/4 length sleeves and it is super comfy it looks great with tights and ankle boots and I'm planning on accessorising it with my gold swallow necklace from Asda and gold butterfly earrings which I bought from Brick Lane market many years ago.

So there you have it 5 different outfits featuring some of my recent clothing purchases I hope this gives you some Easter outfit inspiration for the long weekend ahead.

Thank you for reading.

Loulou.

No comments:

Post a Comment