Friday 25 April 2014

Summer Essentials - SPF!

I have always been terrible with protecting my skin from the sun only ever wearing sunscreen outside the Uk when I'm sunbathing and even then forgetting to reapply it and getting burnt. I almost never ever put sun screen on my face for the fear of looking greasy and feeling uncomfortable therefor every single summer suffering from a bright red Rudolf nose!

Now I am a little older and wiser I've realised how important it is to protect our skin from harmful sun rays daily and have adopted SPF products into my skincare routine which I start using as soon as spring hits. So I thought I'd share with you my two favourite skin care products which contain SPF and when I use them.




























Solutions Truly Radiant Day Cream SPF 15 by Avon.

This product is all sorts of loveliness rolled into one and is the perfect all in one summer moisturiser. Not only does it have SPF 15 which is perfect for protecting your face daily from damaging sun rays, it has optic pearl technology which gives a luminous finish leaving the skin looking glowing. It is a very nice moisturiser which sinks in quickly without leaving the skin looking or feeling greasy and for only £7.50 (currently on offer for £6) I think this product is pretty darn fabulous!

Soap & Glory Make Yourself Youthful Sunshield Superfuid SPF 50.

According to the blogsphere this is supposed to be a great dupe of the cult classic Kiehl's Daily Defence which everyone raves about. This SPF 50 moisturiser I tend to use when I know I'm going to be out in the sunshine for a long period of time, like on a hot sunny day at the park with the boys or perfect for on holiday. I apply it as my moisturiser under my makeup it takes a little while longer to sink into the skin and even though it claims to have oil control I find it makes me a little oiler then usual and power is definitely needed after I apply my foundation and throughout the day. Even though I find it a tiny bit greasy it is no where near as bad as applying generic sunscreen to your face. This can be picked up for £15 but I bought it when it was on offer for only £10 but even at full price it is still half the price of its rival by Kiehl's.

What SPF moisturisers would you recommend? Thank you for reading!

Loulou.    

No comments:

Post a Comment