Tuesday 29 April 2014

Benefit Gimme Brow - A Review.



This review has been a long time coming as I have been using this product non stop for several months now....so obviously I must love it! It was a new release when I purchased it and I originally found out about it through a promotional voucher in my March Birchbox promoting Benefits 'Brow Arch March' campaign.

Just to give you a little brow background....well thats the thing I have none! I've never done any major brow primping ever only the occasional pluck of the stray hair. This is mainly because my brows are so blonde they are practically invisible anyway but I've always been secretly jealous of people with thick arched precisely primped brows. When every blogger in their right mind raved about this I became intrigued mainly because how natural everyone said it looked. I've never been a fan of those awfully obvious drawn on pencil eyebrows and getting something light enough not to look too dramatic was always tricky. 

I took a look at the product at my local Benefit counter and instantly thought no way even the lightest shade would be too dark for me! But I was persuaded to try it and boy was I glad I did because it turns out that once applied the colour is perfect! It tints my brows enough to make them a little more prominent framing my face nicely without looking unnatural. The small tube comes with what looks like a tiny stubby mascara brush which is very simple to use and easy to control, stroking the brush through the brows and rubbing in a sort of 'brushing your teeth' motion coats the eyebrow hairs tinting and adding volume to them. 

When using Gimme Brow it doesn't make your eyebrows feel crispy....in fact once on you cannot feel it at all! It lasts all day long without smudging and its even pretty waterproof so no need to worry about it sliding down your face with the hint of sweat or rain! I have to say this has become a permanent staple in my make up routine and I cant see it ever being replaced! The tube costs around £17 but i really think it is well worth it and even with everyday use one tube will last a long time. 

Check out my before and after application pictures below please ignore my unruly brows as I am growing them so that I can achieve a shape I am happy with. 

The first picture shows the left eyebrow with product applied and the right on natural so you can see the difference it makes. The second picture is where both eyebrows have product applied. 



Before and after Gimme Brow application and the rest of my make up routine. 

I hope this review is helpful to you I really do rate this product I'd love to know what you think?

Loulou. 


No comments:

Post a Comment