Sunday 23 March 2014

Mini Avon Haul.

I dont think I have ordered from Avon since I was a teenager, when the novelty of ordering make up and bath products from a catalogue right to your door step was to much to resist. I used to scour the Avon book highlighting everything I wanted and planning on what I was going to spend my pocket money on this week. I almost always would buy bath pearls, brighter then bright eyeshadows or body spritz....and since realising that buying make up blind without seeing or testing the colours or quality was not such a great idea I've steered clear ever since.


What made Avon crop up on my radar once again was a post I read by thesundaygirl talking about an Avon dupe of the Origins clear improvement mask which has been on my wish list for quite some time.   The Clearskin Pore Penetrating Black Mineral Mask is supposed to be an almost exact dupe of the Origins mask leaving the skin deeply cleansed, refreshed and matt whilst unblocking pores. Currently on sale at only £3.00 compared to the £22 price tag of the Origins mask I thought I had to give it a go! Unfortunately not having tried the Origins mask I cannot give a comparison but a review will follow shortly. Another Origins dupe I hear about on the old blog grapevine is the Botanics Iconic Clay Mask which I would also really like to try next.


Now it was hard to resist just buying the one thing from Avon so I thought I'd check out the quality of some other skincare products for future reference. Being almost out of my St Ives facial scrub and wanting to try something new I went for this Clearskin Professional Deep Pore Cleansing Scrub which contains both salicylic acid and glycolic acid and has excellent review. The last product I thought I'd try was the Solutions Truly Radiant Day Cream which I thought would be great for summer as it has an SPF of 15 and is also supposed to give a luminous finish to make the skin look lovely and glowing. 

Im really looking forward to reviewing these Avon products to see how the quality and effectiveness holds up in comparison to drug store products as they are extremely good value for money. 

Thank you for reading! 

Loulou.   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment