Wednesday 12 March 2014

A Party Fit For A Gentleman.

I absolutely love planning children's parties!! For Eli's first birthday we had a Gruffalo theme party with a homemade chocolate cake in the shape of his name and a huge cupcake tower!


For his second birthday he was a Finding Nemo fanatic so I ordered him the biggest most amazing handmade Finding Nemo cake which I could get and he absolutely loved it.


Now Wesley will be turning one in just 3 months can you believe it!! I know some people might think this is a bit premature but I've already started gathering inspiration and ideas for his party. So for his first birthday the theme Is going to be 'A little Gentleman's Tea Party', it's going to be filled with moustaches, top hats and bow ties and I have been raiding Pinterest for loads of great ideas for decorations and food. Here are some images I have gathered for inspiration:










I really love this invitation and am going to try and recreate something similar on photoshop. Hopefully because his birthday is in June the weather will be nice and we will be able to have the party outside and possibly use the BBQ. There will be a dress code and it will be moustache, top hat or bow ties required but I will provide some stick props and stick on moustaches if guests come without. 
If the weather is nice we will BBQ some hot dogs and chicken kebabs but if not there will be finger sandwiches. Other food I want to do will be homemade sausage rolls, quiche, and cheese straws also a ton of sweet treats such as cupcakes, bow tie shaped biscuits, mini jam scones, fruit kebabs and trifle. Big jugs of homemade lemonade and iced tea with stripy paper straws will give the party a vintage feel and I quite like the idea of serving all the nibbles on floral china, tea cups and cake stands.Whilst searching the internet I found some really cute moustache themed party decorations from dotcomgiftshop.com. This set of cupcake cases with moustache flags are super cute you can also get other cupcake flags from Ebay in geek glasses design.  

To match they also do really cute vintage style paper straws with stick on moustaches which together
with the cupcake cases will go great with the theme 'little gentleman's tea party'. Also I have found an ebay seller who supplied a whole range of party decorations for 'Movember' themed parties where men grew moustaches in the month of November for cancer awareness. The have this design above in both napkin, paper plate and table cover which also matches perfectly! 

I am going to start collecting little bits ready for Wesley's birthday, I still need to find some matching bunting, birthday banner and think of a cake design. Do you enjoy planning kids parties as much as I do? 

Thank you for reading.

Loulou.   




No comments:

Post a Comment