Tuesday 25 February 2014

February Favourites.

So this will be a monthly regular on Loulou Loves. Just a few things I've been loving mainly make up and beauty and a few extras thrown in for good measure.



This month has been all about palettes for me after i finally got my hands on the famous Naked3 palette but Urban Decay. It is perfect for me the beautiful rose gold toned eyeshadows are suited to my pale skin and the darker taupes can be used to create a beautiful smokey eye. I think i have worn it every day since!

At the beginning of the month I snapped up this limited edition palette by Sleek called Garden of Eden. I've been meaning to test out these sleek eyeshadow palettes for a while but have struggled to decided which was best suited to me but as soon as i saw the beautiful shades of shimmering green (which is my favourite colour) I new I had to have it!

The last of my palette purchases this month....well not so much a purchase....was this little addition found in the latest Clinique bonus time gift set. Its a quad called pink chocolate which features 4 pink and brown shades which range from light to dark, absolutely perfect for a subtle day time look.

Other favourites of mine include 'that gal' brightening primer by Benefit which has been a great addition to my make up routine and helps create a real natural glow perfect for spring but I do have to state it is no match for Benefits other primer Porefessional.

I was extremely excited when my favourite beauty blogger Tanya Burr released her own nail varnish and lip gloss collection and quickly snapped up one of the nail varnishes in 'little duck'. After testing it out a few times the colour is perfect for spring summer, it wears well and is very long lasting. Im sure i soon will be investing in some more shades from the range.

Soap and Glory thick and fast has been my go to mascara for the past few months. It gives great volume without feeling clumpy on the lashes which is a pet hate of mine! Eyeko skinny mini liquid eyeliner was part of my February birch box, i can honestly say I am a complete eyeliner novice i would love a nice dainty lined eye and pretty cat flicks but in reality it turns out wonky and mismatched. The nib of this eyeliner is so skinny that even my novice hands can manage to create an evenly lined eyelid.

Clinique Chubby sticks are just the easiest way to add a bit of colour to your lips without any drying and i own a few now, my latest being a very natural sheer shade called 'super strawberry' again another great everyday colour for spring. 

Revlon lip butters are by far the most moisturising lipstick I've tired, they are glossy and very long wearing my favourite colour being 'candy apple' which is an autumnal red.

I'd heard a lot in the blogging circle about Clinique take the day off cleansing balm and after running out of my current cleanser i thought i would give it a whirl. Definitely the best decision I've made, it makes my skin feel so soft and fresh without it being drying and gets every last scrap of dirt and make up off my face. 


Amongst the array of make up and beauty products other things i have been enjoying this month include my new Yankee Candle in the sent rainwashed berry. It is a very fresh scent, lovely and fruity and rainwashed is by far the best way to sum up the whether we have been having this month also!

I have really enjoyed my Frankie magazine daily journal, I have been trying to make a keen effort to record the boys milestones and keep track of appointments and playdates. It is the most beautiful piece of stationary I own! 

How can i talk about the month of February without mentioning valentines day. My wonderful Mr bought me 24 of the most beautiful red roses i have ever seen they have taken pride of place on my kitchen table.

What have you been enjoying this February? Hope you have enjoyed reading! 

LouLou.        


No comments:

Post a Comment